Ways to SUPPORT DEVON BAROQUE
Become a PATRON or FRIEND, SPONSOR A PLAYER Or VOLUNTEER
DEVON BAROQUE relies on the financial backing of its supporters; Audiences, Individuals, Dartington Arts, and Grant making bodies like the Exeter & Devon Classical Music Trust.
We work on a shoe-string, and like all professional orchestras keep back-room costs to a minimum.
Your support enables us to plan further into the future, and create a sustainable and secure foundation for our developing work.
Together, we can reach our goal of placing Devon Baroque at the forefront of exciting music making, concert giving and education work, not only in Devon, but throughout the South West region and beyond.
We have great plans, creative ideas, and fabulous, highly skilled professional musicians. Your contribution will enable us to drive these forward, and give Devon Baroque the standing it justly deserves.
The management of the organisation is as follows:
Board of Trustees
Orchestra and Concert Manager (part-time)
All musical decisions are taken by our two outstanding, and highly creative Directors – Persephone Gibbs and Andrew Wilson-Dickson.
HOW can you support Devon Baroque?
A Patron commits to a 3 year plan of financial support. There are three levels of patronage:
- Bronze: A commitment of £250 p.a.
- Silver: A commitment of £500 p.a.
- Gold: A commitment of £1,000 p.a.
A yearly commitment at your discretion. We suggest £50 for an individual/ £80 for a couple.
SPONSOR A PLAYER
A new initiative launched in October 2017. Do you have a favourite DB player? Do you love to watch our Principal 2nd Violin smile her way through the concert, or our Leader dance as she performs?
Directors (Andrew Wilson-Dickson/Persephone Gibbs): £700 p.a
Section Principals (2nd Violin, Viola, Cello, Violone): £600 p.a
Rank & File (any of our other wonderful musicians): £500 p.a.
These amounts cover a minimum of 3 concerts a year. You can sponsor a player for a full season or one concert (simply divide by 3!).
VOLUNTEER YOUR EXPERTISE
On the Management Committee: we need expertise in the following areas: Marketing and Publicity including Social Media, Fundraising, Budgeting, Strategy, Secretarial skills.
As a Trustee: for people who have or have had experience of business and/or industry, and related money matters. Trustees ensure the management of the orchestra fulfils Charity Commission requirements.
As a Host: to our players who need a bed for the night and a home from home.
WHAT WILL YOU GET IN RETURN?
As well as the knowledge that your financial commitment will develop more great concerts and educational work, Devon Baroque want to give you more in return for your belief in us.
The warm, fuzzy feeling of philanthropy is not a sufficient dividend!
We will give you the following:
ALL DONORS will receive
- A Season newsletter outlining our concert programmes and venues, and other exciting developments.
- The opportunity to choose your seat in the Great Hall, or other venue – organised by Jasper Solomon (see Contacts page).
- Full invitation to the AGM of Devon Baroque, to put forward your ideas and views.
- Your name in each programme as acknowledgement of your support. Or if you choose, you can remain mysteriously anonymous!
PATRONS and PLAYER SPONSORS will receive in addition
- An invitation to post concert drinks with performers and the management team – an ideal time to get to know us better, and put forward your ideas!
- A Player Sponsor will meet their sponsored player
- Early bird discount for booking tickets ‘by the season’
- Pre-concert meal discounts at Dartington (10% off at the White Hart on production of DB Card).
- The thrill of hearing and seeing DB in full flow, and the knowledge that you can say ‘I made that happen’!